What Type Of Compensation Can A Parent Receive From A Child’s Cerebral Palsy Lawsuit?

As a parent of a child who is diagnosed with cerebral palsy due to another’s negligence, you may be able to receive compensation in addition to the compensation received in your child’s cerebral palsy lawsuit. The money received will help for payment of past and future medical expenses related to your child’s CP including lifetime benefits, any lost wages if incurred to take care of your child, as well as any pain and suffering you may be experiencing.

A parent is eligible to file an individual claim when their child’s CP was caused by a medical mistake and due to their child’s condition they have had to expend money out of their own pocket for extra ordinary benefits meaning extra physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, durable medical equipment, or things of that nature. If this occurs a parent may be able to file an individual claim in addition to their child’s CP lawsuit. However, there are very strict statute of limitations in which a parent’s claim must be filed, therefore if you plan on bringing a malpractice action on behalf of yourself it is important that you contact our top-rated Michigan cerebral palsy attorneys immediately to discuss your case.

Take Legal Action Today!

To have a conversation about your child with one of our experienced Michigan cerebral palsy lawyers, call us now. We will listen to your story and explain how we can best help your child and family.

Call Now - Free Case Review
(844) 840-2252