The Waterford cerebral palsy attorneys at the law firm of Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. persistently pursue answers for families whose child has been diagnosed with cerebral palsy. This is because often times when a child suffers brain damage and other medical problems doctors and hospitals do not always provide the parents the real reasons as to the cause.
Medical mistakes and errors can cause babies to suffer from CP. If you or someone you care about in the Waterford area has a child diagnosed with cerebral palsy, you owe it to yourself to find out if your child’s condition was due to a medical mistake.
When a baby is injured prior to birth, during labor and delivery, or after birth due to a medical mistake, it can give rise to a cerebral palsy lawsuit against a doctor, hospital, nurse, or other medical health care professionals and facilities. Our lawyers are experienced in investigating claims and are best at helping families win the maximum compensation for both their child and themselves. Compensation typically includes lifetime medical, housing, and educational benefits for the child which will help secure their future.
Some of the most common causes of that give rise to filing a cerebral palsy lawsuit include the failure to:
- Order specific tests during pregnancy; and not interpreting these tests correctly
- Perform a cesarean section in the presence of fetal distress
- Deliver the infant when the membranes have been ruptured for more than 24 hours
- Monitor the fetus, or to respond to signs of fetal distress
- Act quickly when the water breaks, there was unexpected bleeding, labor failed to progress, or maternal blood pressure rose suddenly.
Some of the largest community hospitals that are located near the Waterford Township and area, and may be held responsible in a birth injury lawsuit include:
- Doctor’s Hospital of Michigan, Pontiac, Michigan
- McLaren Oakland Hospital, Pontiac, Michigan
- Saint Joseph Mercy Oakland, Pontiac, Michigan
Call our law office today at (800) 606-1717 to have a conversation with a top rated Waterford cerebral palsy lawyer. We will obtain all medical records and consult with board certified physicians to determine the exact cause of your child’s condition. We advance all costs for you and do not charge any fees or costs unless we win a settlement. It literally will cost you nothing to get started on your case.
Waterford Cerebral Palsy Resources
Oakland County Guide To Community Resources – Special Education Guide for parents of a child with a disability in Oakland County.
Children’s Hospital of Michigan – List of cerebral palsy resources such as book suggestions for adults and children, DVD’s, local support and more.
Cerebral Palsy Meetup Groups – Meet other local people who have cerebral palsy or who have friends or family with CP.