At the law firm of Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. our Warren cerebral palsy attorneys help children who suffer from birth injuries. Unfortunately for many parents, the real reason as to why their child has CP is not revealed. In fact, more times than not a child will suffer from brain damage and other medical problems as a result of a medical mistake or error, but when this happens doctors and hospitals do not always admit it and/or provide the parents with the reasons as to the cause of their child’s medical condition.
If you or someone you care about in the Warren area has a child diagnosed with cerebral palsy, you owe it to yourself to find out if your child’s CP was due to a medical mistake. Every child is affected in a variety of ways, however the fact of the matter is that the effects are very traumatic and unfortunately a child will suffer their entire lifetime. Filing a cerebral palsy lawsuit will allow you to obtain a settlement to compensate the child and yourselfers. This could include significant funds necessary to care for the your child throughout their lifetime and secure their future.
Some of the most common causes of that give rise to filing a cerebral palsy lawsuit include the failure to:
- Order specific tests during pregnancy; and not interpreting these tests correctly
- Perform a cesarean section in the presence of fetal distress
- Deliver the infant when the membranes have been ruptured for more than 24 hours
- Monitor the fetus, or to respond to signs of fetal distress
- Act quickly when the water breaks, there was unexpected bleeding, labor failed to progress, or maternal blood pressure rose suddenly.
Some of the largest community hospitals that are located in the City of Warren and surrounding areas, and may be held responsible in a birth injury lawsuit include:
- St. John Macomb – Oakland Hospital – Macomb Center, Warren, Michigan
- Henry Ford Hospital, Warren, Michigan
- McLaren Macomb Hospital, Mount Clemens, Michigan
- Detroit Medical Center, Warren, Michigan
If you believe your child’s birth injury was the result of medical malpractice, call our award winning law office today at (800) 606-1717 to have a conversation with a top rated Warren cerebral palsy lawyer. We will obtain all medical records and consult with board certified physicians to determine the exact cause of your child’s condition. We advance all costs for you and do not charge any fees or costs unless we win a settlement. It literally will cost you nothing to get started on your case.
Warren Cerebral Palsy Resources
- CP Daily Living – Journal & Resources for parents and caregivers of children with cerebral palsy living in Macomb County.