If you or someone you care about in the Troy area has a child diagnosed with cerebral palsy, you owe it to yourself to find out if your child’s condition was due to a medical mistake. Doctors and hospitals do not always provide the parents with the real reasons that cause their child’s brain damage and other medical problems and for that reason alone parents should always look into the possibility of having an attorney investigate the claim and determine the real reason why your child suffers from CP.
At the law firm of Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C., our Troy cerebral palsy attorneys are devoted to protecting the legal rights and interests of parents and their children who have cerebral palsy caused by medical mistake or error. When a baby is injured prior to birth, during labor and delivery, or after birth due to a medical mistake, it can give rise to a cerebral palsy lawsuit against a doctor, hospital, nurse, or other medical health care professionals and facilities. Our lawyers are experienced in investigating claims and have helped thousands of families win the maximum compensation for both their child and themselves. Compensation typically includes lifetime medical, housing, and educational benefits for the child which will help secure their future.
Some of the most common causes of that give rise to filing a cerebral palsy lawsuit include the failure to:
- Order specific tests during pregnancy; and not interpreting these tests correctly
- Perform a cesarean section in the presence of fetal distress
- Deliver the infant when the membranes have been ruptured for more than 24 hours
- Monitor the fetus, or to respond to signs of fetal distress
- Act quickly when the water breaks, there was unexpected bleeding, labor failed to progress, or maternal blood pressure rose suddenly.
Some of the largest community hospitals that are located in the City of Troy and surrounding areas, and may be held responsible in a birth injury lawsuit include:
- William Beaumont Hospital, Troy, Michigan
- Reproductive Medicine Associates of Michigan, Troy, Michigan
- Crittenton Hospital Medical Center, Rochester Hills, Michigan
- The Christ Hospital, Troy, Michigan
Call our law office today at (800) 606-1717 to have a conversation with a top rated Troy cerebral palsy lawyer. We will obtain all medical records and consult with board certified physicians to determine the exact cause of your child’s condition. We advance all costs for you and do not charge any fees or costs unless we win a settlement. It literally will cost you nothing to get started on your case.
Troy Cerebral Palsy Resources
United Cerebral Palsy of Metropolitan Detroit – Non-profit affiliate that assists people with disabilities and their families to access services, supports and resources within the Metro Detroit area
Children’s’ Hospital of Michigan – Several listings of resources, such as books and local support, for both parents and children with CP.