Cerebral Palsy Resources for Parents & Caregivers
The first thing that most parents do when their child is diagnosed with cerebral palsy is to start researching the internet for as much information as possible about the condition. The amount of information available can seem overwhelming so we have listed a below several great resources and support groups that provide excellent information about the condition, medical care, and parent support groups.
- United Cerebral Palsy of Michigan – Information about Michigan programs and resources for parents.
- United Cerebral Palsy of Metro Detroit – Information and resources for families in the Detroit area.
- Cerebral Palsy International Research Foundation – Not-for-profit organization dedicated to funding research and educational activities directly relevant to discovering the cause, cure, and evidence based care for those with cerebral palsy.
- U.S. Department of Education – Education resource organization directory for children with special health care needs.
- Pathways.org – Not-for-profit organization that helps children reach their full potential.
- The Arc – Helpline and support groups for parents of children suffering from CP
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – Information on what cerebral palsy is, treatment, prognosis, data and statistics, and more.
Our law firm is an excellent resource of information about the legal rights of children who have cerebral palsy due to a medical mistake or error by a physician or hospital. If you believe that your child’s condition was caused by medical negligence, call us today at (800) 606-1717 to speak with one of our award winning attorneys. There is no obligation whatsoever if you call and we are happy to discuss your case with you by telephone or in person.