For almost 50 years, our Portage cerebral palsy attorneys have helped parents and their children who suffer from cerebral palsy caused by medical negligence. Sadly for many parents, what should have been a joyous occasion is marred if their child is diagnosed with CP. These injuries happen far too often and unfortunately are often a result of a medical mistake or error.
If you or someone you care about in the Portage area has a child diagnosed with cerebral palsy, you owe it to yourself to find out if your child’s birth injury was due to a medical mistake.
Doctors and hospitals do not always admit and/or provide the parents with the reasons as to the cause of their child’s medical condition. That is why it is so important that consult with an experienced cerebral palsy lawyer who can investigate your claim and determine the true cause of your child’s brain damage.
Every child is affected in a variety of ways, however the fact of the matter is that the effects are very traumatic and unfortunately a child will suffer their entire lifetime. This can cause a great emotional and financial burden for many families.
Parents of children who suffer from CP from medical malpractice should look into the possibility of filing a cerebral palsy lawsuit. These types of claims will collect compensation for both the child and the parents. Compensation typically includes lifetime medical, housing, and educational benefits for the child which will help secure their future.
Some of the most common causes of that give rise to filing a cerebral palsy lawsuit include the failure to:
- Order specific tests during pregnancy; and not interpreting these tests correctly
- Perform a cesarean section in the presence of fetal distress
- Deliver the infant when the membranes have been ruptured for more than 24 hours
- Monitor the fetus, or to respond to signs of fetal distress
- Act quickly when the water breaks, there was unexpected bleeding, labor failed to progress, or maternal blood pressure rose suddenly.
Some of the largest community hospitals that are located in the City of Portage and surrounding areas, and may be held responsible in a birth injury lawsuit include:
- Borgress Health, Portage, Michigan
- Bronson Children’s Hospital, Kalamazoo, Michigan
If you believe your child’s birth injury was the result of medical malpractice, call our award winning law office today at (800) 606-1717 to have a conversation with a top rated Portage cerebral palsy lawyer. We will obtain all medical records and consult with board certified physicians to determine the exact cause of your child’s condition. We advance all costs for you and do not charge any fees or costs unless we win a settlement. It literally will cost you nothing to get started on your case.
Portage Cerebral Palsy Resources
- Cerebral Palsy Support Group – Facebook Support Group Page where individuals can share their stores, experience, and recommendations with each other.
- United Cerebral Palsy of Michigan – Organization that connects people with disabilities to the opportunities and resources needed to live productive and independent lives.