Tap to Call

What type of compensation can a parent receive from a child’s cerebral palsy lawsuit?

What type of compensation can a parent

receive from child’s cerebral palsy lawsuit?

As a parent of a child who is diagnosed with cerebral palsy due to another’s negligence, you may be able to receive compensation in addition to the compensation received in your child’s cerebral palsy lawsuit.  The money received will help for payment of past and future medical expenses related to your child’s CP including lifetime benefits, any lost wages if incurred to take care of your child, as well as any pain and suffering you may be experiencing.

A parent is elgible to file an individual claim when their child’s CP was caused by a medical mistake and due to their child’s condition they have had to expend  money out of their own pocket for extra ordinary benefits meaning extra physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, durable medical equipment, or things of that nature. If this occurs a parent may be able to file an invdividual claim in addition to their child’s CP lawsuit.  However, there are very strict statute of limitations in which a parent’s claim must be filed, therefore if you plan on bringing a malpractice action on behalf of yourself it is important that you contact our top rated Michigan cerebral palsy attorneys immediately to discuss your case.  Call today at (800) 606-1717.

Watch this video below by one our top rated attorneys, Randall Blau, to learn more about the types of compensation a parent may be able to receive in their child’s cerebral palsy lawsuit.

For more information on how you as a parent can receive compensation from your child’s claim, call our top rated law firm today at (800) 606-1717.  We will discuss your case with you and explain your legal rigths in a clear and understandable language. We offer a free, no obligation case review and will represent you under our No Fee Promise, which means there are no legal fees or costs to you unless we obtain a settlement or recovery for you.  Call now and get help from Michigan’s leading cerebral palsy attorneys.