Our Muskegon cerebral palsy attorneys at Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. help children who have cerebral palsy caused by a medical mistake or error. Unfortunately, doctors and hospitals do not always provide the parents with the real reasons that cause their child’s brain damage and other medical problems. When a baby is injured prior to birth, during labor and delivery, or after birth due to a medical mistake, it can give rise to a cerebral palsy lawsuit against a doctor, hospital, nurse, or other medical health care professionals and facilities.
If you or someone you care about in the Muskegon area has a child diagnosed with cerebral palsy, you owe it to yourself to find out if your child’s condition was due to a medical mistake. Parents of children who suffer from CP from medical malpractice can often file a cerebral palsy lawsuit and be entitled to receive compensation for both their child and themselves. Compensation typically includes lifetime medical, housing, and educational benefits for the child which will help secure their future.
Some of the most common causes of that give rise to filing a cerebral palsy lawsuit include the failure to:
- Order specific tests during pregnancy; and not interpreting these tests correctly
- Perform a cesarean section in the presence of fetal distress
- Deliver the infant when the membranes have been ruptured for more than 24 hours
- Monitor the fetus, or to respond to signs of fetal distress
- Act quickly when the water breaks, there was unexpected bleeding, labor failed to progress, or maternal blood pressure rose suddenly.
Some of the largest community hospitals that are located in Muskegon and surrounding areas, and may be held responsible in a birth injury lawsuit include:
- Westwood Center, Muskegon, Michigan
- Mercy Health, Muskegon, Michigan
- Hackley Hospital, Muskegon, Michigan
- Select Specialty Hospital, Muskegon, Michigan
Call our law office today at (800) 606-1717 to have a conversation with a top rated Muskegon cerebral palsy lawyer. We will obtain all medical records and consult with board certified physicians to determine the exact cause of your child’s condition. We advance all costs for you and do not charge any fees or costs unless we win a settlement. It literally will cost you nothing to get started on your case.
Muskegon Cerebral Palsy Resources
UCP United Cerebral Palsy of Metropolitan Detroit– Assists people with disabilities and their families to access much-needed services in Muskegon.
Children With Special Needs – This is an informational website that helps families learn about cerebral palsy and they can obtain effective tools for more support.
American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine (AACPDM) – The AACPDM is a multidisciplinary scientific society devoted to the study of cerebral palsy and other childhood onset disabilities.