Our Midland cerebral palsy attorneys at the law firm of Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. are currently accepting cases for infants and children diagnosed with cerebral palsy caused by medical negligence.
Medical mistakes or errors on behalf of a doctor, hospital, nurse or other medical health care professionals are not always admitted and unfortunately, can be the main cause of why a child has brain damage or other medical problems. If you or someone you care about in the Midland, Michigan area has a child diagnosed with cerebral palsy, you owe it to yourself to find out if your child’s condition was due to a medical mistake.
At the law firm of Buckfire & Buckfire, our experienced CP attorneys will investigate your claim and collect all medical records to determine the real cause of your child’s injury. If it is determined that your child was injured prior to birth, during labor and delivery, or after birth due to a medical mistake, we will file a cerebral palsy lawsuit on behalf of you and your child’s behalf.
Both the child and the parents may be able to collect compensation for these types of lawsuits. Compensation typically includes lifetime medical, housing, and educational benefits for the child which will help secure their future.
Some of the most common causes of that give rise to filing a cerebral palsy lawsuit include the failure to:
- Order specific tests during pregnancy; and not interpreting these tests correctly
- Perform a cesarean section in the presence of fetal distress
- Deliver the infant when the membranes have been ruptured for more than 24 hours
- Monitor the fetus, or to respond to signs of fetal distress
- Act quickly when the water breaks, there was unexpected bleeding, labor failed to progress, or maternal blood pressure rose suddenly.
Some of the largest community hospitals that are located in the City of Midland and surrounding areas, and may be held responsible in a birth injury lawsuit include:
- Mid-Michigan Medical Center, Midland, Michigan
- St. Mary’s of Michigan, Saginaw, Michigan
- Central Michigan Community Hospital, Saginaw, Michigan
Call our law office today at (800) 606-1717 to have a conversation with a top rated Midland cerebral palsy lawyer. We will obtain all medical records and consult with board certified physicians to determine the exact cause of your child’s condition. We advance all costs for you and do not charge any fees or costs unless we win a settlement. It literally will cost you nothing to get started on your case.
Midland Cerebral Palsy Resources
CP Family Network – Cerebral Palsy Resources and Information for families.
United Cerebral Palsy of Michigan – Organization that connects people with disabilities to the opportunities and resources needed to live productive and independent lives.