Our Macomb cerebral palsy attorneys at the Michigan law firm of Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. have been investigating cases for infants and children diagnosed with cerebral palsy for almost 50 years. Often times, the real reason why a child has CP is because of a medical mistake or error on behalf of a doctor, hospital, nurse or other medical health care professionals and facilities. Any medical professional who fails to live up to the obligation to provide reasonable care can be held legally responsible if the failure directly causes the child to suffer brain damage or other medical problems.
If you or someone you care about in the Macomb Township area has a child diagnosed with cerebral palsy, you owe it to yourself to find out if your child’s condition was due to a medical mistake. If it is determined that your child was injured prior to birth, during labor and delivery, or after birth due to a medical mistake, it can give rise to a cerebral palsy lawsuit.
In these lawsuits, compensation can usually be received by both the child and the parents. Compensation typically includes lifetime medical, housing, and educational benefits for the child which will help secure their future.
Some of the most common causes of that give rise to filing a cerebral palsy lawsuit include the failure to:
- Order specific tests during pregnancy; and not interpreting these tests correctly
- Perform a cesarean section in the presence of fetal distress
- Deliver the infant when the membranes have been ruptured for more than 24 hours
- Monitor the fetus, or to respond to signs of fetal distress
- Act quickly when the water breaks, there was unexpected bleeding, labor failed to progress, or maternal blood pressure rose suddenly.
Some of the largest community hospitals that are located in the Macomb Township and surrounding areas, and may be held responsible in a birth injury lawsuit include:
- Beaumont Macomb, Macomb, Michigan
- St. John Providence Health System, Macomb, Michigan
- Henry Ford Macomb Hospital, Clinton Township, Michigan
Call our law office today at (800) 606-1717 to have a conversation with a top rated Macomb cerebral palsy lawyer. We will obtain all medical records and consult with board certified physicians to determine the exact cause of your child’s condition. We advance all costs for you and do not charge any fees or costs unless we win a settlement. It literally will cost you nothing to get started on your case.
Macomb Cerebral Palsy Resources
Henry Ford Macomb Pediatric Unit – Pediatric unit designed for those patients who are infants through 18 years of age.
Macomb County Loan Programs – List of loan programs that assist families with disabled children.
Disability Network Oakland and Macomb – Center for Independent Living