Our Livonia cerebral palsy attorneys at Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. are currently investigating cases for infants and children diagnosed with cerebral palsy. More times than not the real reason why a child has CP is because of a medical mistake or error on behalf of a doctor, hospital, nurse or other medical health care professionals and facilities. Unfortunately, when that does happen, doctors and hospitals do not always admit medical negligence and fail to tell the parents the real reason their child has brain damage or other medical problems.
If you or someone you care about in the Livonia area has a child diagnosed with cerebral palsy, you owe it to yourself to find out if your child’s condition was due to a medical mistake. If it is determined that your child was injured prior to birth, during labor and delivery, or after birth due to a medical mistake, it can give rise to a cerebral palsy lawsuit.
Often times, compensation can be received by both the child and the parents. Compensation typically includes lifetime medical, housing, and educational benefits for the child which will help secure their future.
Some of the most common causes of that give rise to filing a cerebral palsy lawsuit include the failure to:
- Order specific tests during pregnancy; and not interpreting these tests correctly
- Perform a cesarean section in the presence of fetal distress
- Deliver the infant when the membranes have been ruptured for more than 24 hours
- Monitor the fetus, or to respond to signs of fetal distress
- Act quickly when the water breaks, there was unexpected bleeding, labor failed to progress, or maternal blood pressure rose suddenly.
Some of the largest community hospitals that are located in the City of Livonia and surrounding areas, and may be held responsible in a birth injury lawsuit include:
- St. Mary Mercy, Livonia, Michigan
- Oakwood Midwest Medical Center, Livonia, Michigan
- Henry Ford Health System, Livonia, Michigan
Call our law office today at (800) 606-1717 to have a conversation with a top rated Livonia cerebral palsy lawyer. We will obtain all medical records and consult with board certified physicians to determine the exact cause of your child’s condition. We advance all costs for you and do not charge any fees or costs unless we win a settlement. It literally will cost you nothing to get started on your case.
Livonia Cerebral Palsy Resources
BrightStar – Disability care services in Novi, Michigan.
Livonia Public Schools Parent Organizations – Support groups for parents of children with special needs and/or emotional impairments.