Our Kalamazoo cerebral palsy attorneys at the Michigan law firm of Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. help families investigate their child’s cerebral palsy case. Children who have cerebral palsy caused by a medical mistake or error do have legal rights.
For many families doctors and hospitals unfortunately do not always provide the real reasons that cause their child’s brain damage and other medical problems. Therefore it is important that if you or someone you care about in the Kalamazoo area has a child diagnosed with cerebral palsy that you find out if the child’s condition was due to a medical mistake.
When a baby is injured prior to birth, during labor and delivery, or after birth due to a medical mistake, it can give rise to a cerebral palsy lawsuit against a doctor, hospital, nurse, or other medical health care professionals and facilities.
Parents of children who suffer from CP from medical malpractice can often file a cerebral palsy lawsuit and be entitled to receive compensation for both their child and themselves. Compensation typically includes lifetime medical, housing, and educational benefits for the child which will help secure their future.
Some of the most common causes of that give rise to filing a cerebral palsy lawsuit include the failure to:
- Order specific tests during pregnancy; and not interpreting these tests correctly
- Perform a cesarean section in the presence of fetal distress
- Deliver the infant when the membranes have been ruptured for more than 24 hours
- Monitor the fetus, or to respond to signs of fetal distress
- Act quickly when the water breaks, there was unexpected bleeding, labor failed to progress, or maternal blood pressure rose suddenly.
Some of the largest community hospitals that are located in the City of Kalamazoo and surrounding areas, and may be held responsible in a birth injury lawsuit include:
- Bronson Methodist Hospital, Kalamazoo, Michigan
- Bronson Children’s Hospital, Kalamazoo, Michigan
- Select Specialty Hospital, Kalamazoo, Michigan
- Borgess Medical Center, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Call our law office today at (800) 606-1717 to have a conversation with a top rated Kalamazoo cerebral palsy lawyer. We will obtain all medical records and consult with board certified physicians to determine the exact cause of your child’s condition. We advance all costs for you and do not charge any fees or costs unless we win a settlement. It literally will cost you nothing to get started on your case.
Kalamazoo Cerebral Palsy Resources
Kalamazoo Community Mental Health & SA- Developmental Disabilities – Government Organization Facebook Page that offers professional and caring support and services to children and adults with developmental disabilities that reside in Kalamazoo County.
Kalamazoo County Loan Programs – Listing of different load programs for anyone with a disability.
United Cerebral Palsy of Michigan – Organization that connects people with disabilities to the opportunities and resources needed to live productive and independent lives.