At the Michigan law firm of Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. our Grand Rapids cerebral palsy attorneys are actively pursuing lawsuits on behalf of children suffering from birth injuries as a result of medical negligence or error.
It is typical for a parent to ask when given a diagnosis of cerebral palsy, “How did this happen to my child?” Unfortunately for many parents they are not always given an honest answer as to the cause of their child’s brain damage and other medical problems.
This is because more often than not the cause of CP is due to a medical error or medical negligence on behalf of a doctor, hospital, nurse, or other medical health care professionals and facilities. When a baby is injured prior to birth, during labor and delivery, or after birth due to medical mistake, it can give rise to a cerebral palsy lawsuit.
If you or someone you care about lives in the city of Grand Rapids and has a child diagnosed with cerebral palsy, you owe it to yourself and your family to find out if your child’s suffering was a direct result of a medical mistake. Parents and their children may be entitled to receive compensation for their child and themselves. Compensation typically includes lifetime medical, housing, and educational benefits for the child which will help secure their future.
Some of the most common causes that give rise to filing cerebral palsy lawsuit include the failure to:
- Order specific tests during pregnancy; and not interpreting these tests correctly.
- Perform a cesarean section in the presence of fetal distress.
- Deliver the infant when the membranes have been ruptured for more than 24 hours.
- Monitor the fetus, or to respond to signs of fetal distress.
- Act quickly when the water breaks, there was unexpected bleeding, labor failed to progress, or maternal blood pressure rose suddenly.
Some of the largest community hospitals that are located in the City of Grand Rapids and surrounding areas, and may be held responsible in a suit include:
- Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Forest View Hospital, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Metro Health Hospital, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Saint Mary’s Health Care, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Spectrum Health-Butterworth, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Spectrum Health-Blodgett, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Spectrum Health-Kent Community Campus, Grand Rapids, Michigan
If your child suffers from birth injuries or you believe your child’s CP was caused as a result of a medical error, call our top rated Grand Rapids cerebral palsy attorneys today to discuss your case in full detail. We will start investigating your case immediately, obtaining all of your medical records from the facility and consult with a board certified physician who will be able to provide expert testimony on your child’s case.
Call now at (800) 606-1717 and speak directly with one of our expert lawyers who will be able to answer any questions that you may have and give you sound legal advice. We offer a Free, No Obligation Case Review will represent you under our No Win, No Fee Promise which means there are no legal fees or costs until we win or settle your claim.
Grand Rapids Cerebral Palsy Resources
Conductive Learning Center – Education program located in the City for children with motor disorders such as cerebral palsy.
Mary Free Bed Pediatric Cerebral Palsy Program – Program specializing in the treatment of children with CP.
Family Support Subsidy (FSS) Program – Financial assistance to families that include a child with severe developmental disabilities.