Our Flint cerebral palsy attorneys at Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. help children who have cerebral palsy caused by a medical mistake or error. When a baby is injured prior to birth, during labor and delivery, or after birth due to a medical mistake, it can give rise to a cerebral palsy lawsuit against a doctor, hospital, nurse, or other medical health care professionals and facilities.
Some of the most common causes of that give rise to filing a cerebral palsy lawsuit include the failure to:
- Order specific tests during pregnancy; and not interpreting these tests correctly.
- Perform a cesarean section in the presence of fetal distress.
- Deliver the infant when the membranes have been ruptured for more than 24 hours.
- Monitor the fetus, or to respond to signs of fetal distress.
- Act quickly when the water breaks, there was unexpected bleeding, labor failed to progress, or maternal blood pressure rose suddenly.
Unfortunately, doctors and hospitals do not always provide the parents with the real reasons that cause their child’s brain damage and other medical problems. Therefore, if you or someone you care about in the Flint area has a child diagnosed with cerebral palsy, you owe it to yourself to find out if your child’s condition was due to a medical mistake.
At the law firm of Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C our Flint attorneys will thoroughly investigate the claim to find the true cause of the birth injury and give you real answers to your questions. If it is found that a hospital or medical professional was negligent, we will then file a lawsuit on your behalf against that facility and its staff.
Some of the largest community hospitals that are located in the City of Flint and surrounding areas, and may be held responsible in a birth injury lawsuit include:
- Hurley Medical Center, Flint, Michigan
- Select Specialty Hospital, Flint, Michigan
- McLaren Regional Medical Center, Flint, Michigan
- Genesys Regional Medical Center, Grand Blanc, Michigan
- Mott’s Children Health Center, Flint, Michigan
Call our law office today at (800) 606-1717 to have a conversation with a top rated Flint cerebral palsy lawyer. We will obtain all medical records and consult with board certified physicians to determine the exact cause of your child’s condition. We advance all costs for you and do not charge any fees or costs unless we win a settlement. It literally will cost you nothing to get started on your case.
Flint Cerebral Palsy Resources
Easter Seals Michigan – Serves and supports people with disabilities or special needs and their families so they can successfully live, learn, work and play in their communities. There is a Children Service location in the City of Flint.
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services – Get access to basic and specialized health insurance through Michigan State Medicaid offices.
The Disability Network – Several services offered in the City of Flint for individuals with disabilities.