Tap to Call

Our Michigan lawyers handle cases for children who have suffered Erb’s palsy due to medical negligence.  This is often a preventable condition that would have not occurred if a doctor, nurse, or hospital made a medical mistake.  This is a serious condition that often results in permanent disability and limitations to the child.

Erb's Palsy Lawyer MichiganErb’s palsy can be caused by trauma during the birthing process, like stretching the brachial plexus nerves during a difficult birth.  The condition occurs when the muscles in the upper arm and shoulder are impaired as the result of damage to the brachial plexus.  The brachial plexus is a network of nerves that provides movement and sensation to the arm, hand, and fingers. Therefore, individuals with Erb’s palsy typically suffer from a loss of sensation and muscle control in these areas.  

Erb’s palsy is often diagnosed when an infant is able to move one arm but not the other arm.  Erb’s palsy is common among infants following a difficult delivery.  Women who have gestational diabetes, a small pelvis, are obese, or have given birth to large babies in the past are at a higher risk for complications that could lead the infant to suffer from Erb’s palsy. These mothers must be closely monitored to ensure the safe delivery of a healthy baby. While complications may arise during delivery, this particular complication may have been preventable.

If your baby has been diagnosed with Erb’s palsy and you believe that this was caused by a medical mistake, you should contact our birth injury lawyers today for you free, no obligation Case Review.  We will obtain and review all of the medical records and determine whether a medical mistake caused this condition.  If there was a mistake, we will file a lawsuit against the responsible medical providers.

Our law firm does not charge any legal fees unless we obtain a settlement for you and your child.  We even pay all of the costs of the case.   It literally costs you nothing to get started.  Call us at (800) 6060-1717 today to speak with an experienced attorney about your case.