For almost 50 years, our Detroit cerebral palsy attorneys have successfully helped children suffering from cerebral palsy caused by medical negligence. Unfortunately medical mistakes and errors are often the reason why children suffer brain damage and other birth injuries. When a baby is injured prior to birth, during labor and delivery, or after birth due to a medical mistake, it can give rise to a cerebral palsy lawsuit against the Detroit hospital, doctor, nurse, or other medical health care professionals and facilities.
If you or someone you care about in the Detroit metro area has a child diagnosed with cerebral palsy, you owe it yourself and your family to find out if your child’s condition was due to medical malpractice. Our top rated CP attorneys will thoroughly investigate the case and collect all medical records so that we can carefully examine what happened and the cause of your child’s birth injuries. If it is determined that your child suffers from cerebral palsy due to a medical mistake we will file a Detroit cerebral palsy lawsuit on both you and your child’s behalf. Most parents do not realize, but compensation can be received for their child and for themselves as well. Compensation typically includes lifetime medical benefits, housing, and educational benefits for the child which will help secure their future.
Some of the most common causes that give rise to filling a cerebral palsy lawsuit include the failure to:
- Order specific tests during pregnancy; and not interpreting these tests correctly
- Perform a cesarean section in the presence of fetal distress
- Deliver the infant when the membranes have been ruptured for more than 24 hours
- Monitor the fetus, or to respond to signs of fetal distress
- Act quickly when the water breaks, there was unexpected bleeding, labor failed to progress, or maternal blood pressure rose suddenly.
Some of the largest community hospitals that are located in the City of Detroit and surrounding areas, and may be held responsible in a birth injury lawsuit include:
- Detroit Medical Center, Detroit, Michigan
- Children’s Hospital of Michigan, Detroit, Michigan
- Detroit Receiving Hospital & University Health Center, Detroit, Michigan
- Harper/Hurtzel Hospital, Detroit, Michigan
- Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan
- Sinai Grace Hospital, Detroit, Michigan
If your child suffers from a birth injury and you suspect it was caused by a medical mistake, call our top rated law firm today to have a conversation with a top rated Detroit cerebral palsy lawyer. Many doctors and hospitals do not always provide the real reasons for the cause of your child’s condition. Call now at (800) 606-1717 and determine the true cause of your child’s CP. We offer a Free, No Obligation Case Review and best of all we will represent you under our No Win, No Fee Promise. This means no legal fees or costs until we win or settle your case. Our attorneys will also advance all costs for you and do not charge any fees or costs unless we win a settlement. It literally will cost you nothing to get started.
Detroit Cerebral Palsy Resources
- United Cerebral Palsy of Metropolitan Detroit – non-profit organization that is a leading source of information on CP and advocate for the right of people with disabilities.
- Children’s’ Hospital of Michigan – Several listings of resources, such as books and local support, for both parents and children with CP.
- Cerebral Palsy Support Group – Facebook support group to share stories, experiences, and recommendations with others.