Our Clinton Township cerebral palsy attorneys at the law firm of Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. are experienced at helping children and their families pursue justice and compensation. In most cases, when a child suffers from cerebral palsy it is caused by a medical mistake or error. If you or someone you care about is in the Clinton Township area and has a child diagnosed with CP, you owe it to yourself to find out the cause of your child’s condition.
Not only is this a difficult time for you and your family, but unfortunately more times than not the doctors and hospitals do not always provide parents with the real reason that cause their child’s brain damage and other medical problems.
Our Clinton Township cerebral palsy lawyers will thoroughly investigate the claim so that you may get some real answers to the true cause of your child’s birth injury. If it is determined you’re your child was injured prior to birth, during labor and delivery, or after birth due to a medical mistake, it can give rise to a cerebral palsy lawsuit against the negligent doctor, hospital, nurse, or other medical health care professionals and facilities.
A cerebral palsy lawsuit may be able to be filed on behalf of the parents of children who suffer from CP from medical malpractice. In this type of claim, parents may be entitled to receive compensation for both their child and themselves. Compensation typically includes lifetime medical, housing, and educational benefits for the child which will help secure their future.
Some of the most common causes of that give rise to filing a cerebral palsy lawsuit include the failure to:
- Order specific tests during pregnancy; and not interpreting these tests correctly
- Perform a cesarean section in the presence of fetal distress
- Deliver the infant when the membranes have been ruptured for more than 24 hours
- Monitor the fetus, or to respond to signs of fetal distress
- Act quickly when the water breaks, there was unexpected bleeding, labor failed to progress, or maternal blood pressure rose suddenly.
Some of the largest community hospitals that are located in Clinton Township and surrounding areas, and may be held responsible in a birth injury lawsuit include:.
- Henry Ford Hospital, Clinton Twp., Michigan
- St. Joseph’s Mercy-West Hospital, Clinton Township, Michigan
- St. John Hospital, Clinton Twp., Michigan
- Children’s Hospital of Michigan, Clinton Township, Michigan
- Mt. Clemens General Hospital, Mt. Clemens, Michigan
- Mclaren- MT Clemens Regional Medical, Mt. Clemens, Michigan
Call our law office today at (800) 606-1717(800) 606-1717 to speak with a top rated Clinton Township cerebral palsy lawyer. Our law firm office has significant experience in these types of cases and will be with you throughout the entire process. We will obtain all medical records and consult with board certified physicians to determine whether or not your child’s condition was a result of a medical mistake or error. We advance all costs for you and do not charge any fees or costs unless we win a settlement. It literally will cost you nothing to get started on your case.
Clinton Township Cerebral Palsy Resources
Danielle’s Foundation – A non-profit resource for families of children with cerebral palsy and brain injuries
Quick Ramps for Kids – A Macomb County program that provides free portable wheelchair ramps to families of children with cerebral palsy
Children’s Hospital of Michigan – List of Cerebral Palsy Resources including books, local support, and more.