Tap to Call

How can I find other parents in my community who care for children with CP?

How can I find other parents in my community who care for children with CP?

Top Rated Michigan Cerebral Palsy AttorneyFinding other parents who have children with cerebral palsy can be a great support system.  Unfortunately, some parents do not know where to begin when it comes to searching for support or other parents who have a child with special needs.

At the law firm of Buckfire & Buckfire, our cerebral palsy lawyers recommend contacting your Easter Seals Michigan chapter.  This service will be able to offer you advice, contact with other families, and support.  

Also, your local chapter of United Cerebral Palsy (UCP) can be of great assistance to parents seeking to find other parents who care for children with CP. For the UCP of Metropolitan Detroit visit http://www.ucpdetroit.org/

You may also want to ask about a support group at your pediatrician’s office, your child’s school or local children’s hospital.  If a group has not been started, try networking to start your own with some of the families at your child’s therapy or sports groups.

In addition to parents in your local community, there are several online support groups parents may want to consider joining.  A few of these online support groups include:

Besides the emotional support that a parent or family may need, getting legal help for a baby with cerebral palsy and the parents of that child is an important step in securing the future of that child.  There are occasions in which a birth injury was due to the medical negligence of a doctor, hospital, or nursing staff.  Because of the challenges or raising a special needs child are so great, the parents should seek legal advice to determine whether the baby and they are entitled to compensation for the condition.

For legal help and answers to your questions and concerns, pick up the phone and call our top rated law firm now at (800) 606-1717.  Our expert Michigan cerebral palsy attorneys will be able to answer any questions that you may have and are best at providing the legal help parents need when their child suffers from CP due to medical malpractice.